Sunday, Dec 04, 2022

San Bernardino shooting: California county to close most offices for week

James Ramos, chairman of the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors, said Wednesday that only the most essential services will remain open Thursday and Friday.

 

San Bernardino, California shooting, Bernardino shooting, San Bernardino news, US California shooting, San Bernardino latest San Bernardino: Law enforcement search for a suspect in a mass shooting that occurred at a Southern California social services center on Wednesday, Dec. 2, 2015, in San Bernardino, Calif. One or more gunmen opened fire Wednesday at a California center that serves people with developmental disabilities, shooting several people as others locked themselves in their offices, desperately waiting to be rescued by police, witnesses and authorities said. (AP Photo/Chris Carlson)

The Southern California county where a pair of shooters killed 14 people and wounded 17 others will close most of its offices the rest of the week.

James Ramos, chairman of the San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors, said Wednesday that only the most essential services will remain open Thursday and Friday.

Subscriber Only Stories
JK Cement’s SPSU Udaipur Launches ‘Golden Batch 2022’ In Collaboration Wi...Premium
Appendicitis in Children- A new lifestyle disorderPremium
Using evidence will create strong foundations for the future of education...Premium
Re-Defining The Tradition In Folk Art: An Art Educator’s PerspectivePremium

ALSO READ: Why did the couple leave behind an infant? authorities seek answers 

Police say the assault was launched by a heavily armed county worker and his wife and targeted his co-workers from the Department of Public Health who were holding a celebration.

The carnage happened at the Inland Regional Center, which helps people with disabilities find work, get treatment, housing and transportation.

Ramos says supervisors will try to help everyone affected by tragedy.

Advertisement

Meanwhile, the suspect in the Southern California shooting that left 14 dead traveled to Saudi Arabia earlier this year and returned with a wife.

Co-worker Patrick Baccari says Syed Farook was gone for about a month in the spring. When he came back word got around Farook had been married, and the woman he described as a pharmacist joined him shortly afterward. The couple had a baby later this year.

Baccari says the reserved Farook showed no signs of unusual behavior, although he grew out his beard several months ago.

Advertisement

Baccari said he been sitting at the same table as Farook at an office party Wednesday morning, but his co-worker suddenly disappeared, leaving his coat on his chair.

Baccari said he had stepped into the bathroom when the shooting started and suffered minor wounds from shrapnel slicing through the wall.

First published on: 03-12-2015 at 08:40:46 pm
Next Story

Failure to pay TDS collected can attract 7-yr jail term: CBDT

Latest Comment
Post Comment
Read Comments
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
close