Saturday, January 29, 2022

Turkey detains seven over bus bomb attack

Turkish authorities have so far detained seven people and are searching for another five in relation to the car bomb attack on a bus that killed 13 soldiers in the central city of Kayseri

By: Reuters | Ankara |
December 17, 2016 7:54:28 pm
turkey blast, turkey bomb blast, turkey soldiers killed, turkey car bomb attack, Kurdistan Workers Party, PKK, Recep Tayyip erdogan, Erdogan, turkey car bomb, turkey violence, latest news, latest world news Security officials and people at the scene of a car bomb attack in central Anatolian city of Kayseri, Turkey, Saturday, Dec. 17, 2016. A public bus was heavily damaged and dear and injured were reported. Turkish authorities have banned distribution of images relating to the Istanbul explosions within Turkey. (IHA via AP)

Turkish authorities have so far detained seven people and are searching for another five in relation to the car bomb attack on a bus that killed 13 soldiers in the central city of Kayseri on Thursday, Interior Minister Suleyman Soylu said.

Speaking at a joint news conference with the health minister, Soylu confirmed that the number of wounded had risen to 56. Health minister Recep Akdag told the news conference that a large number of the wounded were lightly injured.

Start your day the best way
with the Express Morning Briefing

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest World News, download Indian Express App.

  • Newsguard
  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
  • Newsguard
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
X