December 17, 2016 1:42:54 pm
Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Veysi Kaynak said on Saturday that a car bomb attack on a bus carrying off-duty soldiers in the central city of Kayseri had wounded some people, but that the death toll was unclear.
Kaynak speaking to reporters in comments broadcast live on television, said the attack targeted the bus and resembled the twin attacks last week outside an Istanbul soccer stadium.
Hospital sources in Kayseri earlier confirmed that more than 25 people had been wounded and some killed in the blast.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.