Monday, January 17, 2022

Over 150 people fainted after toxic gas leak in Lahore

More than 150 people fainted due to gas leakage. The Rescue service was called in which shifted the affected people to Mayo Hospital where the condition of three children is stated to be critical.

By: PTI | Lahore |
November 24, 2015 4:39:09 pm

Over 150 people fainted on Tuesday when ammonia gas leaked from an ice factory in a densely populated locality in Lahore, the capital of Pakistan’s Punjab province.

The ammonia gas leakage was spotted at the cold storage of the factory, located in densely populated Badami Bagh area. Soon after the spread of the gas the factory workers and residents of the adjacent houses started falling victim to it.

More than 150 people fainted due to gas leakage. The Rescue service was called in which shifted the affected people to Mayo Hospital where the condition of three children is stated to be critical, police said.

[related-post]

The District administration and police have registered a case against the owner Salahuddin and has sealed the factory.

Three people have been arrested in this connection, police said.

Meanwhile, the residents blocked the road for several hours demanding action against the factory owners and city government officials. They also demanded shifting of the factory from the residential area.

Earlier this month, 46 workers were killed and over 100 injured when the four-storey building of the polyester factory was collapsed in Sundar Industrial Estate of Lahore.

Start your day the best way
with the Express Morning Briefing

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest World News, download Indian Express App.

  • Newsguard
  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
  • Newsguard
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
X