November 20, 2015 6:16:50 pm
Apple Watch is the most personal device that the tech giant has ever created. It is Apple’s first attempt at making a smartwatch that extends the functionality of an iPhone. But then it is not for everyone. Here are the four important things to know before buying an Apple Watch:
1. This watch works only with an iPhone, so if you don’t own one don’t think of this. Yes, go ahead if you are ready for a full ecosystem change with a capital cost of at least Rs 85,000.
2. You will need to charge the watch everyday and there is no shortcut for this. Using power reserve you might able to stretch it to about 30 hours. But an additional charger will be a good investment.
Watch our Apple Watch video review (App users click here)
3. This is an expensive device. The sports version at the bottom costs close to Rs 31,000. So it is not for everyone. Don’t aspire if you can’t afford.
4. The watch is yoked to your phone for its smartness. So it will use up about 20 per cent of the phone’s battery during the course of the day. I now have to charge the iPhone 6s Plus at around 7 pm everyday while without the watch I could extend the juice till I went to sleep.
delivered to you
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.