December 14, 2016 6:26:33 pm
Apple today has launched macOS Sierra 10.12.2 update for all Macs that are compatible with it and can be downloaded from the Mac App Store. The update brings improved stability, security and compatibility to the Mac; and like all updates – Apple recommends it for all users. With the update, Apple has removed the ‘time remaining’ display from the battery menu on the top bar, citing that it was inaccurate.
It appears that Apple has done away with the feature because its newer MacBook Pro series laptops were giving unrealistic battery life expectations, and were not achieving the company’s claim of 10 hours of battery life. Instead of dealing with the issue, it appears that Apple simply removed the option as a quick fix.
One of the other changes that the new update brings is the addition of close to 100 new emojis. Apple has also redesigned a few existing emojis to give them a fresher look. MacOS 10.12.2 brings the ability to take screenshots of the Touch Bar on the latest MacBook Pro laptops that were launched recently, using the Command + Shift + 6 shortcut. In addition there are also four new wallpapers to choose from – Abstract Shapes, Color Burst 1, Color Burst 2, and Color Burst 3.
Other changes that the new update brings include:
Subscriber Only Stories
1. Improves setup and reliability of Auto Unlock.
2. Allows addition of a Chinese Trackpad Handwriting button to the Touch Bar Control Strip.
3. Adds support for taking screenshots of the Touch Bar using the Grab app or Command-Shift-6 shortcut.
4. Fixes an issue that caused the Touch Bar emoji picker to appear on the display.
5. Resolves graphics issues on MacBook Pro (Late 2016) computers.
6. Fixes an issue where System Integrity Protection was disabled on some MacBook Pro (Late 2016) computers
7. Improves setup and opt-out experience for iCloud Desktop and Documents.
8. Fixes an issue with the delivery of Optimised Storage alerts.
9. Improves audio quality when using Siri and FaceTime with Bluetooth headphones.
10. Improves the stability of Photos when creating and ordering books.
11. Fixes an issue where incoming Mail messages did not appear when using a Microsoft Exchange account.
12. Fixes an issue that prevented installation of Safari Extensions downloaded outside the Safari Extensions Gallery.
13. Adds support for new installations of Windows 8 and Windows 7 using Boot Camp on supported Macs.
14. Fixes an issue that prevented some screen resolutions from being available on third-party displays.
15. Adds support for more digital camera RAW formats.
📣 Join our Telegram channel (The Indian Express) for the latest news and updates