Updated: November 14, 2018 12:19:29 pm
To be celebrated on November 14, Children’s Day is the time to pamper your kids with lots of love and chocolates! It is the day when you can switch from the boring vegetable stew to some chocolate cheese toast in the kitchen.
To make this occasion memorable, Chef Ranveer Brar has shared three fun and innovative recipes that are not only easy-to-cook but will leave your kids wanting for more. Time to put a huge smile on their face!
Prep time: 10 mins | Cooking Time: 15 mins |Serves: 2
2 tsp — Butter
4 — Mini readymade pizza base
4 — Go Chocolate cheese slices
3/4 cup — Mixed seasonal fruits like pineapple, dragon fruit, pears, cherries (de-seeded and cut into cubes)
1/4 cup — Mixed nuts like almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts (chopped)
1 tsp — Butter
2 tsp — White chocolate chips
* Heat a tava on medium flame. Add butter and place pizza base on the tava.
* Place a chocolate slice on each pizza base and place fruits and nuts. Cover the pan with a lid and cook till the cheese melts.
* Turn off the flame and garnish with white chocolate chips. Serve hot.
Chocolate Cheese Toast
Prep time: 2 mins | Cooking Time: 8 mins | Serves: 2
4 — Bread slices
1-2 tsp — Butter
2 — Go Chocolate cheese slices
1/4 cup — Tutti Fruity
1 tsp — Honey
1 tsp — Icing sugar
* Take bread slices and apply butter to the bread slices.
* Place the 2 bread slices on the hot tava. Place cheese slices on each bread.
* Sprinkle some tutti fruity and cover with other 2 slices of bread.
* Place a heavy pan on top with some weight on it. Let it toast on a medium flame for 2-4 minutes.
* Take the upper pan out and flip the sandwich. Again, keep the pan with weight and let it toast for 2-4 minutes more.
* Turn off the flame. Cut the sandwich and drizzle honey on top.
* Sprinkle some tutti fruity and icing sugar on top and serve hot.
Chocolate Pancake Stack
Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 30 mins | Serves: 4
3/4 cup — Refined flour
1/4 cup — Castor sugar
2 tsp — Baking soda
1 cup — Buttermilk (1/2 cup yogurt + 1/2 cup water)
2 tsp — Butter (melted)
1 tsp — Vanilla Extract/Essence
Butter (for making pancakes)
8 — Chocolate cheese slices
* For batter, in a mixing bowl, combine refined flour, castor sugar, baking soda and mix well.
* Now add buttermilk, butter, vanilla extract and whisk till there are no lumps.
* Heat a non-stick pan and grease it with butter.
* Pour a ladle full of batter on the pan and let it cook 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
* Flip the pancake and let it cook for more 3-4 minutes more. Cook two more pancakes in a similar way.
* Now place one pancake on the pan, place a cheese slice, place another pancake again place a cheese slice and then the other pancake.
* Lastly top it with cheese slice and cover with a lid.
* Cook for 2 minutes on slow flame.
* Turn off the flame. Remove the pancakes in a serving plate and top it with fresh fruits.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.