September 27, 2016 9:33:51 pm
Who doesn’t love paanipuris? And gooey chocolate cakes are the stuff dreams are made of. If you are a fitness freak and have been missing out on these all-time favourite delicacies then we have something to say. Indulging in moderation at times is a good idea. After all, you get just one lifetime to savour good food. However, what you can do is find a healthier alternative; in this case a healthier recipe.
Here are three recipes – an appetiser, main course and dessert each – for you to try out at home.
2-min chocolate cake
35g – All-purpose flour
10g – Unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4th tsp – Baking powder
25g – Granulated sugar
1/8th tsp – Salt
1/4th cup + 1tbsp – Milk
2tbsp – Extra light olive oil (Leonardo Olive Oil, preferably)
1tbsp – Nutella/peanut butter cashew/chopped strawberries
Subscriber Only Stories
* In a medium sized bowl or microwavable cup, whisk together all the dry ingredients.
* Whisk in the milk and olive oil until all ingredients are combined and batter has no lumps.
* Pour batter in a microwave-safe mug.
* Add 1tbsp of nutella/peanut butter cashew/chopped strawberries in the middle of the batter. Just drop it in the middle and you will see that it will automatically sink in.
* Microwave the cake for 80 seconds on high.
* Carefully remove it from the microwave and enjoy.
Achaari Paneer with Tadka Veggies
200g – Veggies (7-8 chopped mushrooms, 1 green cubed capsicum, 1 chopped zucchini, 1 chopped carrot)
100g- Mixed lettuce
2-3tbsp – Extra light olive oil (Leonardo Olive Oil, preferably)
200g – Mixed cube paneer
1 cup – Hung curd
1tbsp – Achaari Masala
1tsp – Ginger garlic paste
1tsp – Chopped chillies
1tbsp – Kasuri methi
1tsp – Lemon juice
1tsp – Olive Oil
1 onion – Chopped
2-3 medium sized tomatoes – Chopped
1/2nd tsp – Ginger garlic paste
1 green chilli – Chopped
1/2nd tsp – Cumin
1tsp – Olive oil
1/4th tsp – Turmeric Powder
1/2nd tsp – Amchur powder
1/4th tsp – Dhaniya powder
1/2nd tsp – Red chilli powder
Pinch of hing
Salt to taste
* Mix all the ingredients together for marinating. Add it to the paneer. Set it aside for 30 mins.
* Meanwhile in a kadhai, make the tadka. Heat the kadhai and add olive oil. then, add hing, jeera and onion. Saute till its light golden in colour. Add ginger garlic paste and green chillies next.
* Add, all the spices one by one and then, add the tomatoes and salt at last.
* Cook the tadka till the oil rises to the top.
* Heat a pan with olive oil and then pan-fry the paneer for 2-3 mins. Make sure you get colours on all sides.
* Now, stir-fry the vegetables with the tadka, make sure you don’t overcook them and they are still slightly crunchy.
* On a platter, make a bed of lettuce, add the tadka veggies and top them with the grilled achaari paneer.
* Serve with green and meethi chutney on the side.
1 cup – Suji/Semolina
3 tbsp – Maida
A pinch of cooking soda
1tsp – Spinanch juice
1tsp – Carrot juice
1tsp – Beetroot juice
A pinch of Turmeric powder
Pomace Olive Oil – For deep frying
* Mix suji/semolina, maida, cooking soda, pinch of salt together and divide into four parts.
* Add spinach juice to the first part, carrot juice to the second, beetroot juice to the third and turmeric to the fourth.
* Knead them well adding water. The dough should be as smooth as they are while making rotis.
* Keep them covered for ten mins.
* Knead the dough and make small balls out of it.
* Roll out into thin puris, fry till crisp and let them cool.
* Serve with stuffing and chilled and spicy water.
📣 Join our Telegram channel ( The Indian Express ) for the latest news and updates
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.