Thursday, October 28, 2021

Two linemen electrocuted in Vijayawada

Electricity supply to the line was supposed to have been switched off but either there was a leak or they touched the wires before the power was switched off.

By: Express News Service | Hyderabad |
January 8, 2016 5:00:18 pm

Two employees of the Andhra Pradesh State Power Distribution Corporation Ltd were electrocuted while they were conducting repairs on an electric pole in a village on the outskirts of Vijayawada on Friday morning.

The two linemen Vemuri Srinivas Rao, 42, and T Ramakoteshwara Rao, 40, were contract employees of the electricity department and had climbed up the pole at a junction.

Electricity supply to the line was supposed to have been switched off but either there was a leak or they touched the wires before the power was switched off.

Officials said that passersby informed police after the two men stuck between the high tension power lines on a pole near Moghulrajpuram village.

APSPDCL authorities rushed to spot but a rescue team found them dead.

This is the second incident of electrical linemen getting electrocuted in the past few months. On October 3, three linemen were electrocuted in Nellore district under similar circumstances.

Start your day the best way
with the Express Morning Briefing

📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines

For all the latest India News, download Indian Express App.

  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
0 Comment(s) *
* The moderation of comments is automated and not cleared manually by indianexpress.com.
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
X