May 18, 2016 7:02:58 pm
Malegaon blast case accused Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, who was given clean chit by the NIA last week, on Wednesday said that she now believes the investigation is going in right direction.
“Now that I have been given clean chit, I believe investigation is going in right direction. I have always said I am not the culprit,” said Sadhvi Pragya. She, however, asserted that delayed justice itself is injustice.
In a U-turn, the NIA had dropped all charges against Sadhvi Thakur and five others in the Malegaon blast case while charges under the stringent MCOCA law were given up against all the other 10 accused including Lt Col Prasad Shrikant Purohit.
Seven people were killed in the blast when they were coming out of prayers during Ramzan on September 29, 2008.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.