October 6, 2016 1:00:15 pm
Two persons were electrocuted in separate incidents at Avanigadda mandal of Krishna district, police said on Thursday. R Yashwanth Reddy (16) was electrocuted while he was trying to hang his clothes on an iron wire last night. He was studying in first year at Diviseema Polytechnic College at Avanigadda.
In another mishap, an agricultural labourer, A Maraiah (40), was electrocuted while he was trying to repair a switchboard in his house at Revulalunka village in the same mandal, Avanigadda police sub-inspector V Manikumar said.
Separate cases have been registered in connection with the incidents and investigations were underway.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.