September 3, 2016 9:11:05 pm
Actor Parambrata Chatterjee, who impressed the audience with his performance in emotional thriller “Kahaani”, has revealed director Sujoy Ghosh offered him a part in its sequel too but he had to turn it down due to dates issues.
“I was offered a certain part in the film but I could not manage dates as I was busy with something else. But I am hoping to do Sujoy’s next after ‘Kahaani 2’,” the Bengali star told PTI here.
Parambrata’s second Hindi film, “Traffic”, released earlier this year.
When asked why he did not sign more Bollywood films, the 36-year-old actor said, “Hindi films will obviously give me wider fasbase but there is umbilical cord connecting me to Bengali cinema like it would connect a Marathi actor to cinema of his state,” he said on the sidelines of the first edition of BRICS Film Festival.
Parambrata said even though there is more money in Bollywood, he feels closer to the cinema of his state.
“This fight that you have to put as regional actors and directors to defend your cinema against the all-engulfing Bollywood, which of course we all enjoy, gives you the sense of being a comrade, it develops greater fondness for films of your state. I would like to do more of Bengali films even though money is less,” he said.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
- The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.