Follow Us:
Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Rakesh Roshan hurt as Kaabil gets less screens: I will stop making films if this continues

Raees has been given 60 percent screens thereby leaving Kaabil with 40 percent. On this Rakesh Roshan is extremely hurt and upset.

Written by Sonup Sahadevan | Mumbai |
January 25, 2017 3:53:01 pm
Rakesh roshan kaabil raees clash, rakesh roshan kaabil, rakesh roshan movie, rakesh roshan kaabil release date, kaabil release date, raees new release date, raees release date, rakesh roshan comments on raees, rakesh roshan movies, rakesh roshan news A hurt and angry Rakesh Roshan, who has produced Kaabil with son Hrithik Roshan in the lead, has lot to say post Raees was given 60 percent screens thereby leaving Kaabil with 40 percent.

Rakesh Roshan is extremely hurt and upset that exhibitors have rescinded on their promise of allotting both Kabil and Raees 50:50 screens. Raees has been given 60 percent screens thereby leaving Kaabil with 40 percent.

A hurt and angry Rakesh, who has produced Kaabil with son Hrithik Roshan in the lead, told us, “They (Exhibitors) are very powerful people and they are not using the power in the right direction. They are using their power in the wrong direction. The 50-50 rule exists all over the world. Why can’t we too follow the same? They are succumbing to pressure tactics over a film (Baahubali) which will release in March. All distributors and exhibitors should come together and say we will not succumb to these pressure tactics.”

WATCH VIDEO | Hrithik Roshan, Rakesh Roshan Angry Over Kaabil Getting Less Screens Than Raees

The maker also said that he will stop making films if this scenario continues. “They (exhibitors) are using power in the wrong direction and destroying honest producers. These clashes are harmful to producers, distributors exhibitors and above all audience who doesn’t have money to watch two films in a week. They are depriving everybody by indulging in such pressure tactics. I am very hurt and if this continues I will not make films anymore.”

Best of Express Premium

What makes KuCoin P2P Trading Platform a Good Choice To Buy Crypto?Premium
Best Influencer Marketing Platform to Grow Your Business in 2022Premium
Airtel Demonstrates Immersive Video Entertainment On 5G; Recreates Kapi...Premium
Is It A Good Idea To Keep One Account For All Your Financial Transactions?Premium

Also read | Raees movie review: Shah Rukh Khan’s film is stuck between tamasha and restraint

Also read | Kaabil movie review: Hrithik Roshan is the only bright spot in this dispirited mess of a film

Why Rakesh Roshan Will Not Watch Shah Rukh Khan’s Raees

When asked if he suspected SRK or Excel as the force behind influencing exhibitors to tow the line, Roshan refused to take any names. “I don’t want to name anybody but yes there are no friends in the industry. We are always standing alone and will always have to be alone. I and Hrithik are genuine. We love everyone. But many others are false. They hug, shake hands hug and kiss all for the camera. Behind it, it’s a different ballgame.”

Latest Comment
View All Comments
Post Comment
Read Comments

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App.

  • Newsguard
  • The Indian Express website has been rated GREEN for its credibility and trustworthiness by Newsguard, a global service that rates news sources for their journalistic standards.
  • Newsguard

Featured Stories

Shilpa Shetty remembers what Shah Rukh Khan told her on the first day of ...
Ranveer Singh reacts to Deepika Padukone's criticism of his bad habits: '...
Aishwarya Rai, Abhishek Bachchan, Aaradhya leave for Cannes 2022, fans sa...
Shah Rukh Khan earned his first pay cheque of Rs 50 at a Pankaj Udhas con...
Vineeta Singh has Shark Tank reunion with Ashneer Grover, Aman Gupta and ...