The Juvenile Justice Board (JJB) Monday extended the stay of the juvenile, accused in the Mercedes hit-and-run case, by two more days at the remand home. The Class XII student had allegedly mowed down a 35-year old man in Civil Lines on April 4.
The JJB Monday handed over the minor to the juvenile justice officer. The JJB extended his stay after police’s Juvenile Justice Unit (JJU) sought an extension. The unit said it required his presence to confront him with the five other boys who were in the car when the incident took place.
The JJU also sought said the juvenile would now be confronted with witnesses from previous cases in which he was challaned for traffic violations. These juvenile had be challaned twice for overspeeding and once for parking in a wrong spot.
On Sunday night, the Class XII student, was produced before the JJB after police had charged him with culpable homicide for being a repeat offender of rash and negligent driving.
Last year, on February 16, the juvenile allegedly rammed his car into a fruit vendor, and hit another car in the process, in northwest Delhi’s Maurice Nagar area. Police, however, did not lodge a case and let him to go after issuing a warning to his father. The juvenile had mowed down Sharma with the same vehicle.